Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
Sanitation & Safety
- We have converted available food stations to full-service lines
- We have redistributed and spaced out furniture and limited throughout dining facilities
- We provide floor decals to indicate proper social distancing
- We provide additional outdoor and general seating areas
- We maintain one-way traffic flows to promote social distancing
- Sanitation practices include:
- All areas (dining rooms, bathrooms, etc.) are disinfected nightly with an atomized fogging disinfectant to eliminate bacteria and pathogens including coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Tables and chairs are cleaned after each use
- We maintain an increased frequency of cleaning and sanitation of all areas, especially utensils, door handles, tables, and other surfaces
- Dining staff are required to wear personal protective equipment and follow best practices in food preparation
- We provide COVID-19 prevention supplies, such as soap, alcohol-based hand sanitizers, paper towels, and trash baskets in common areas, with all actively encouraged to utilize
- We provide additional hand-washing stations at dining locations
Effective July 15, 2020, the University of Georgia — along with all University System of Georgia (USG) institutions — requires all faculty, staff, students, and visitors to wear an appropriate face covering while inside campus facilities/buildings where six feet social distancing may not always be possible. Face covering use is in addition to and is not a substitute for social distancing. When in a dining location, wear your face covering until you are seated at your table with your food, and remember to replace your face covering before walking through and exiting the building after eating.
Students who have one of our all-access meal plans still have unlimited, all-access entry to UGA’s dining commons. While we are temporarily adjusting some dining operations and menus in response to COVID-19, we are focusing on providing as extensive of a menu as possible during this time and are not limiting the number of times an all-access meal plan participant can visit the dining commons.
Meal plan customers are welcome to come to any of our dining commons and visit available stations to choose from a variety of to-go items. Our culinary and nutrition teams are focusing on healthy menu items that include variety and menu specialties of each location as well as vegetarian and vegan options. Menu items that can be taken out from the dining commons can be viewed ahead of time on Build Your Plate. Remember if you purchased a meal plan with Paw Points those points are accepted at over 20 on-campus restaurant, coffee shop, and market locations including Barberitos, Chick-fil-A, Panda Express, and more which also allow you to take food to-go.
*A note about to-go options vs Grubhub pick up: Please note that menu items through the Grubhub pick-up service may vary from our to-go and dine-in options, meaning you will receive a wider selection of meal items by choosing the to-go or dine-in options.
As one of our customer service enhancements this fall, we have contact-free mobile pours at the Coca-Cola freestyle machines in both retail locations and the dining commons. You will use your phone to scan a QR code and choose which drink you'd like. You can see more details in the video to the right. You can also use a No-Touch Tool to push firmly to activate buttons.
Meal plan customers may dine-in at select dining commons. Limited seating is available in designated areas. In compliance with Georgia Department of Public Health guidelines, DO NOT move tables or chairs. Two- to four-seat tables are reserved for roommates, suite-mates, and family groups. General seating areas are also available around campus.
There are no additional fees for students using their meal plan to order food through Grubhub.
- Download Grubhub app
- Go to “My Grubhub” and touch “Sign in”
- Look to bottom of screen, find “Ordering on Campus? Find My Campus,” and touch “Find my Campus”
- Find UGA and touch “Add affiliation”
- Choose affiliation status and add affiliation
- Sign into Grubhub, which takes you to UGA Welcome screen
- Touch “Add Campus Card”
- Takes you to SSO and sign on with SSO
- You should get the message “Campus Card, Your card was successfully added to your account”
- It will then take you to the UGA Campus shops
- At the top of the screen there are the options of “UGA Campus” and “Off Campus”
- Users with meal plans will be able to purchase a Grubhub meal with the tender in the Dining Commons Shops and the Dining Commons Reservation Shops
At this time, we do not have a delivery system in place. Students may either order online and pick up food, take food to-go, or dine-in.
Oglethorpe offers a limited grab-and-go menu via Grubhub, including mac and cheese, chicken tender Caesar salad, and a tasty chicken fingers box, which includes chicken fingers, fries, and a dipping sauce. Snelling Grubhub menu items generally include grab-and-go sandwiches, wraps, salads, desserts, and drinks as well as items such as cereals, yogurt cups, chips, and fresh fruit. Snelling also offers a special pizza + 2-liter soda menu on Grubhub from 4:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. A wider selection of meal items are available by dining in or building a to-go meal from the dining commons.
Online Learning Period 2020
All meal plans remained active and available for use through the end of your meal plan contract. Since you had the option to continue to remain on campus during the online learning period, dining fees will not be prorated.