Customer Service Enhancements
Coming Fall 2018
To-Go Meal Program
Spring 2018: UGA Dining Services is currently piloting a to-go meal program in anticipation of implementing further customer service enhancements. Two hundred customers are participating in the pilot which is intended to test the feasibility of using re-usable and sustainable containers that allow meal plan participants to register to take food to-go from the dining commons during a meal period. If accepted, the To-Go Meal program will replace the department’s current sack lunch program which offers a limited menu and restricts to-go meals to customers with verified work/class conflicts. The new program will allow any registered meal plan customer (students and faculty/staff) to use the to-go containers to build their own plates from the dining halls.
Implemented Fall 2017
For the past year, students have provided Dining Services with valuable feedback in regards to the overall dining experience at the University of Georgia. Dining Services would like to thank meal plan participants, those who participated in the 2016 NACUFS Customer Satisfaction Survey, and the Student Government Association for their helpful observations and insights. Dining Services is excited to announce the following customer service enhancements that will begin at the start of the Fall 2017 semester:
- Two guest passes will be added to all residential and commuter meal plans. Meal plan participants will be able to use two guest passes per semester to invite friends or family to dine with them for a meal at any of UGA's five dining commons.
Extended Hours of Operation:
- The Village Summit at Joe Frank Harris will extend their hours to stay open until 9:00 pm on the weekends. Their new operating hours will be Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 9:00 pm; Saturday - Sunday 8:30 am - 9:00 pm.
- Bolton Dining Commons will extend their hours to stay open until 9:00 pm Monday-Friday. Their new operating hours will be Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 9:00 pm; Saturday - Sunday 8:30 am - 9:00 pm.
Expanded Late Night Menu Options at Snelling:
- Snelling will expand late night menu options by keeping Sanford Grill and the salad bar open until midnight. This will offer students with more variety and healthier late night dining options.
Staggered Cycle Menus in the Dining Commons:
- Currently each of the five dining commons serve the same 3-week cycle menu. This means that the same mainline menu is being served at each dining commons on any given day. Dining Services will begin staggering the cycle menu at each location to offer more variety for students. This change will allow students to experience different mainline menu options on any given day regardless of which dining commons they choose to visit.
New Dining Locations (opening during the Fall 2017 semester):
- A second Jittery Joe's campus location will be opening in the Science Library.
- A new campus eatery featuring grab-n-go food options and coffee will open in the Complex Carbohydrate Research Center & Center for Molecular Medicine (CCRC/CMM).
- A new campus eatery featuring grab-n-go food options and coffee will open in Baldwin Hall.
- Campus Catering is currently redesigning their menu to provide customers with more variety.
- Dining Services is redeveloping the grab-n-go products served in campus eatery locations. The menu will provide fresh and healthy grab-n-go options while increasing the variety of sandwiches, salads, and snacks offered.