Recipe Submission opens June 4th and Closes September 30th
Each year for this event, Dining Services asks families to submit their student’s favorite recipe, and every year we receive hundreds of recipes from Bulldog families all over the country. A number of recipes are selected to be served during our "Taste of Home" Celebration and some even remain on the menu rotation in the dining commons.
This event has been an annual tradition since 1987. Since the event’s beginning, more than 3,000 recipes have been featured in our dining commons, and each year our management staff and culinary team selects approximately 140 recipes to be served during the event. Each family who submits a recipe receives two complimentary meal passes that can be used during their next campus visit. Families whose recipes are featured receive a commemorative University of Georgia Dining Services “Taste of Home” dinner plate as well as a production recipe showing the transformation of their at home dish into an industrial recipe of 11,000 servings. View past honorees or see below are some past recipes that made it to the rotational menu and remain favorites amongst the students:
- Poppy Seed Chicken
- Eclair Squares
- Divine Casserole
This event is a time when students can find comfort in the memories of home while being away at college. Families also enjoy knowing that they’ve been able to send a small taste of home back to their student. Every year many families come to campus for this special day, and we would like to encourage you to be a part of this tradition now and for all the years your student is on the meal plan.
Alternative Recipe Submission Options:
- Download and complete PDF and submit to recipe to email@example.com
- Print and complete the PDF and mail to Taste of Home Submissions, Snelling Dining Commons, 200 W. Green Street, Athens, GA 30602
- Student must be on the meal plan for recipe to be eligible
- Recipe submission opens June 4
- Date of 2018-2018 Event: Thursday, March 28, 2019
- Families of submitted recipes recieve two free meal passes
- Families of selected recipes recieve a commemorative plate and two free meal passes
Let the Big Dawg Eat!
Executive Director of Dining Services